- Important information regarding new statutory rules governing consolidated
insurance programs for construction contracts.
- Partner Christy Hext successfully obtained and defended a jury verdict in favor of
Ms. Hext’s client, a national restaurant chain. The jury found that the restaurant was not
liable for the plaintiff’s slip and fall claim. On appeal, Ms. Hext convinced the First
Court of Appeals that the jury’s verdict was correct and the Court subsequently
affirmed the verdict.
- Hext & Parsons LLP is proud to announce that Mary Alice Parsons is recognized
as a "Top Lawyer" in the Summer 2015 and Summer 2014 issues of H Texas Magazine. The
“Houston’s Top Lawyers” list recognizes top lawyers as determined by a peer voting
annual process. H Texas Magazine selected nominees for the list by mailing ballots to
local lawyers inviting them to vote. The editorial staff reviewed each nomination
and verified background information.
- Christy Hext and Mary Alice Parsons are both listed in the 2015 and 2014
issues of “Texas Top Rated Lawyers” published by ALM Legal Group. This annual list
recognizes attorneys who hold the AV® Preeminent ™ certification from Martindale-Hubbell,
which is the highest peer review rating reflecting very high general ethical standards
and legal ability. More info here: http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/law/texas_TRL.pdf.
- Ms. Parsons obtained a Summary Judgment in favor of a client who was
sued in a case involving a double fatality, in which the plaintiffs
sought over $2 million in damages.
- Hext & Parsons LLP is proud to announce that it has been certified
as a Women’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise
Alliance, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business
Enterprise National Counsel (WBENC). Click for more information.
- Partner Christy Hext successfully defended a national restaurant
chain in a recent slip and fall case. After a two-day trial, a
Harris County jury found no negligence on the part of Ms. Hext’s
client, and the plaintiff recovered no damages.
- Mary Alice Parsons successfully handled an insurance coverage dispute
before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, obtaining a judgment in
favor of her client, a general contractor seeking coverage as an
additional insured under a subcontractor’s insurance policy.
Click here for a copy of the opinion.